Would you like to contribute a guest post on the Small Business Bonfire blog? Great! We frequently feature guest writers and do our best to promote all published posts to the expanded Bonfire network.
Guest Post Guidelines
- LENGTH: Posts should be 500-800 words of original (never before published) content by an author associated with the company providing the post.
- LINKS: All posts should be non-promotional and not contain any links, including your own backlinks (i.e., you cannot link to any of your own web properties, products, services, content, etc.); a link to your company can be included in the bio. If you want to promote your business in a post, please email us about our sponsored post opportunities. Third-party links that validate content (i.e., linking to a report with statistics you quote), may be left in but will be reviewed prior to publication.
- TOPIC: Topics should be relevant to small business owners. Please use the search box at the top of the site to see if we already have content related to your topic. If we do, consider covering a different angle or perspective on the topic.
- BIO: Authors must provide:
- A current email address (will not be made public)
- A short bio, 50 words or less (may include a link to the company website)
- A headshot
- Any social profile links to be included in the author profile
- IMAGES: You don’t need to provide graphics or images with your submitted post unless they are directly related to the content (i.e., screenshots related to the content of the post).
- SUBMISSION: You can submit your post as a Word document, a Google document or pasted in the body of the email message. No PDFs or HTML formatting, please.
- EDITS: Your post may be lightly edited for readability, and relevant links will be added at our discretion.
We have a rolling publication schedule that typically goes out about 6 weeks. If your post is accepted it will be given the next available publication date. Please note: we give editorial preference to members of the Small Business Bonfire Community. It’s free to join and you can create an expanded profile which we will link to from your bio.
Once you have your submission ready, you can submit your post for review by emailing it to info[at]smallbusinessbonfire[dot]com. We’re looking forward to reviewing your submission!
We receive a lot of guest posting inquiries. If you do not receive a response to your submission, it is likely that your post did not conform to our guidelines or was not a fit for our audience. If we do not confirm a publication date via email within two weeks of submission, we will not be publishing your article on our blog.