By Roman Daneghyan
It’s not surprising that inbound marketing has become increasingly popular over the past few years, given the fact that inbound marketing strategies are less costly, have a wide variety of benefits and — over the entire term — will produce a more advanced progression in return.
In 2019, surely you will be experiencing several changes in your business. Whether it might be a change in the demands of consumers or how consumers will respond to your business, you need to come up with a well-planned and strategic inbound campaign so you’re your business will surely stand out amongst any other businesses and accumulate recognition.
Every kind of marketing tactics falls into one of two categories — it’s either push or pull. And this article focuses on the push category. When you say push marketing, it is a way of building up, announcing, broadcasting, or even notifying the public of a sale. It aims to speak out and deliver certain offers and messages to audiences. Some examples of push marketing are direct mail, email, broadcast, and print.
Consider the following strategies for inbound marketing for your business in 2019.
1. Conduct High-Quality Content Marketing On-Site
This inbound marketing strategy is useful in different and numerous ways. It doesn’t only drive and engage new readers, but also keeps your existing customers and readers loyal to your brand. According to Huffington Post, you have to maintain the original, highly detailed, and valuable content and that will be your advantage to other people.
Content marketing can boost and improve your rankings in search engines. It also gives a fuel for syndication in your email campaigns and social media. In the latest survey conducted by Jason DeMers, a founder and CEO of AudienceBloom, 93% of respondents said that they are maintaining or increasing the budgets for their in-site content marketing.
2. Make a Content Marketing Off-Site and Work with Bigger Publishers
The function of your content marketing off-site strategy is just the same with the on-site content marketing. You have to create targeted, well-written, and valuable content. But the difference is you will not be publishing the content you made on the site you owned; you will distribute it to other places instead. Your main advantage here is that you will get a chance to gain new possible audiences, who haven’t heard about you and your brand since then. In that way, your business will grow as you team up with bigger publishers.
3. Boost Your SEO Keyword Phrases
Off-site and on-site marketing content will benefit your search visibility. The more high-quality content you produce, the higher rank you will be in search engines. On-site marketing content draws attention to inbound links, and the off-site marketing content creates a link in your site. But there are other technical components you will need to improve in order to boost the traffic of your inbound marketing from any search engines – and that includes the development for mobile devices, boosting the speed of the site, and targeting keyword phrases.
4. Engage Your Audience Through Social Media Sites
Social media marketing remains one of the most effective strategies for developing visibility. You have the power to connect with almost everyone through the use of social media accounts, continuously producing trustworthy audiences – as long as you are maintaining valuable and high-quality content and insights in your account. Put your off-, and on-site marketing content here in your social media accounts and your audiences will have the reason to stick in your site.
5. Use Influencer Marketing
According to Forbes, this kind of marketing strategy is straightforward in concept, but quite difficult to implement practically. The idea of influencer marketing is to target the influencers that have the most significant impact in your industry – this refers to movers, shakers, and thought leaders who have the best reputations and have a large group of audiences in a particular niche.
Through working with influencers on collective content projects, you’ll have the chance to engage with a larger audience and build a positive reputation. The most challenging part about this influencer marketing strategy is recognizing and classifying the influencer that will give the biggest benefit to your brand and convincing them to join in your campaign.
6. Get Customers to Subscribe to Email Newsletters
Even though this marketing strategy is considered as an outbound strategy in general, email newsletters rotate around the arrangement of content to the audiences that subscribe to them. This allows the subscribers to develop retention and loyalty while going back to your site simultaneously. It is considered inbound marketing because the content you make is implementing value to all your subscribers and readers.
7. Join Other Personal Brands
A personal branding strategy can be combined with any approach listed above. You surely want to engage your content to audiences on social media and syndicate them. By joining other personal brands, you will be able to make your business more reachable, trustworthy and human.
A Few Extra Tips for Improving Your Inbound Marketing Plan
If you are changing your marketing plan from outbound to inbound, then good for you and your business. Outbound marketing is like interrupting people, and inbound marketing goal is to lead customers by connecting with experience and interacting with them. Here are a few more tips to improve your inbound marketing plan:
- Keep in mind that your goal is to attract people. You have to produce appealing content that will start a discussion and sharing of ideas. Do not include boring ideas in your content. You need to make people think so that they will curious and you have to make them believe with your product.
- Add a touch of a human. Inbound marketing is all about the community that’s why it is advantageous. Don’t prevent yourself from putting your personality into the entire mix.
- Be original and different in a world full of copycats. When you make an inbound marketing plan, you need to cover different bases including SEO, PPC, blogging, website design, and social media. You need to come up with a fresh idea. Do not try to copy the content of others – even just a little part of it.
- Give a concrete description to your driving force. Everything that you write about should be suitable and in line with your company’s vision, personality, and values. Just focus on your main goal and the reason why you are writing.
- You need to understand the commitment that you’re in. In inbound marketing, you need the time and the budget – that’s why it is considered an investment. You need to insert extra and outstanding effort if you want your marketing campaign to be successful.
- Experience is your best teacher. In everything that you do related to your business, you have to keep in mind that the even though you read one article or another about others’ success and failures, you and your experiences will always be your greatest teacher. It does not matter whether you commit mistakes or not, the most important thing is that you learn from it and do not make the same mistakes twice.
With the right planning for inbound marketing, your website will be more accessible to many audiences and will generate increased traffic. Then traffic will develop into leads, and in the future, leads will develop into sales. You have to stay committed. Sooner or later, you will thank yourself for that.