Earlier this week, Emily wrote an excellent post on the importance of having a marketing plan, and some of the most important data you should include in your plan. I thought a nice follow-up to her post would be providing you with a sample marketing plan template that you can use in your own business.
Simple Marketing Plan
The purpose of this simple marketing plan is to:
- Streamline the marketing planning process
- Help you identify the most important research you need to gather
- Provide an easy-to-update format for organizing your information
- Give you a simple and clear way to see the big picture for your marketing activities
- Outline the actions you will take to reach your marketing goals
The sample marketing plan also includes targeted questions to help you fill in each section with the right information, as well as a few links to more explanatory articles.
I actually created this as a one-page marketing plan for my own use earlier this year as we prepared for the launch of the Small Business Bonfire (the blank template is only one page, but it should extend beyond a page once you start filling in your data).
While there may be areas you want to add in that are specific for your business, it’s a fairly well-rounded, simple marketing plan template that can be used for just about any type of business. Add it to your swipe file along with this new customer welcome letter.
Click to download the Sample Marketing Plan Template Word document:
Sample Marketing Plan Template (doc)