Thank you for your interest in writing a guest post for the Small Business Bonfire blog. We frequently feature guest writers on our business blog and do our best to promote all published posts to the expanded Bonfire network. Please read through these guidelines fully before submitting your post for review. By submitting a guest post for our consideration, you are confirming that you agree to these terms.
- ORIGINALITY: All guest posts should be original (never before published) content by an author associated with the company providing the post. Your guest post cannot appear elsewhere online, including your own blog. Once your post is accepted for publication, you grant us permission to be the sole publisher of your content and agree not to publish it elsewhere.
- LENGTH: Posts should be a minimum of 700 words.
- LINKS: All posts should be non-promotional and not contain any links, including your own backlinks (i.e., you cannot link to any of your own web properties, products, services, content, etc.). A link to your company can be included in the bio. If you want to promote your business in a post, please email us about our sponsored post opportunities. Third-party links that validate content (i.e., linking to a report with statistics you quote), may be left in but will be reviewed prior to publication.
- TOPIC: Topics should be relevant to small business owners. Please use the search box at the top of the site to see if we already have content related to your topic. If we do, consider covering a different angle or perspective on the topic.
- BIO: Authors must provide:
- A current email address (will not be made public)
- A short bio, 50 words or less (may include a link to the company website)
- A headshot (you can make it easier for us by uploading your headshot to Gravatar, using the email address you’re providing)
- Any social profile links to be included in the author profile (if you provide a Twitter handle, we will mention you when promoting the post)
- IMAGES: You don’t need to provide graphics or images with your submitted post unless they are directly related to the content (i.e., screenshots related to the content of the post).
- SUBMISSION: Please submit your post as a Word document, a Google document or pasted in the body of the email message to info[at]smallbusinessbonfire[dot]com. No PDFs or HTML formatting, please.
- ACCEPTANCE/NOTIFICATION: We have a rolling publication schedule that typically goes out about 6-8 weeks. You will be notified via email if your post is accepted. If we do not send you a publication date via email within two weeks of submission, we will not be publishing your article on our blog. We are not able to respond to every inquiry or provide individual feedback on why a post may not have been accepted; it is likely that your post did not conform to our guidelines or was not a fit for our audience.
- EDITS: At the time of publishing we may lightly edit the post for readability, mentions of specific products or brands may be removed or edited, and relevant internal and external links may be added.
Please note: We give editorial preference to members of the Small Business Bonfire Community. It’s free to join and you can create an expanded profile which we will link to from your bio. If you are a member, please include a link to your profile page with your guest post submission.