Thank you for your interest in writing a guest post for the Small Business Bonfire blog. We frequently feature guest writers on our business blog and do our best to promote all published posts to the expanded Bonfire network. Please read through these guidelines fully before submitting your post for review. By submitting a guest post for our consideration, you are confirming that you agree to these terms.
Please be sure to add our email address: info[at]smallbusinessbonfire[dot]com to your whitelist/safelist to ensure you receive our replies. If you have emailed us and have not received a response, please check your junk or spam folders.
- ORIGINALITY: All guest posts should be original (never before published) content by an author associated with the company providing the post. Your guest post cannot appear elsewhere online, including your own blog. Once your post is accepted for publication, you grant us permission to be the sole publisher of your content and agree not to publish it elsewhere, including your own blog.
- LENGTH: Posts should be a minimum of 700 words.
- LINKS: All posts should be non-promotional and not contain any links, including your own backlinks (i.e., you cannot link to any of your own or your clients’ web properties, products, services, content, etc.). A link to your company can be included in the bio. Third-party links that validate content (i.e., linking to a report with statistics you quote), may be left in, but will be reviewed prior to publication.
- TOPIC: Topics should be relevant to small business owners. Please use the search box at the top of the site to see if we already have content related to your topic. If we do, consider covering a different angle or perspective on the topic. It is not necessary to send us your final topic choice for approval prior to submitting your guest post.
- BIO: Authors must provide the following information:
- A current email address (will not be made public)
- A short bio, 50 words or less (may include a link to the company website)
- A headshot (we would prefer if you upload your headshot to Gravatar, using the email address you’re providing, but if that is not possible, please email as an attachment)
Please note: We will not attribute your post to a company; the author bio must be for a specific person representing the company.
- IMAGES: You do not need to provide graphics or images with your submitted post unless they are directly related to the content (i.e., screenshots related to the content of the post).
- SUBMISSION: Please submit your post as a Word document, a Google document or pasted in the body of the email message to info[at]smallbusinessbonfire[dot]com. No PDFs or HTML formatting, please.
- ACCEPTANCE/NOTIFICATION: We have a rolling publication schedule that typically goes out about 6-8 weeks. You will be notified via email if your post is accepted. If we do not send you a publication date via email within two weeks of submission, we will not be publishing your article on our blog. We receive hundreds of guest post emails every week, and are not able to respond to every inquiry or provide individual feedback on why a post may not have been accepted; it is likely that your post did not conform to our guidelines or was not a fit for our audience.
- EDITS: At the time of publishing we may lightly edit the post for readability, mentions of specific products or brands may be removed or edited, and relevant internal and external links may be added.
- COST: There are no fees associated with publishing a guest post on our site.